Postage for Pakistan and other parts of the planet

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hip hip hooray! Good news just learned on this Feast of Corpus Christi

Until the bishops made standing as the norm, I used to kneel to receive Communion. This was never a problem anywhere. I didn't have a priest come charging up to me after Mass, screaming, "Don't you know it's just a SYMBOL?!?!?!" He may as well have called that person "Raca."

However, after a while, since I preached fidelity to bishops, I figured I ought to practice it, so I began standing to receive and offering up the suppression of my inclinations, beliefs (this is, after all, GOD Whom we are receiving), and instincts as a penance.

Now I read this from Fr. Zuhlsdorf (if you don't read him, please start. He is the  best).

What Does GIRM 160 for the USA Really Say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting, be charitable, be kind, be loving. Say nothing you would not say to Jesus himself.