Postage for Pakistan and other parts of the planet

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Just a reminder ...

I am trying to raise funds for sending off all the materials in my storage unit that are earmarked for foreign missions. Since I am moving soon and cannot afford to take these items with me, I must send them off before I leave.

Therefore, would you please, please help me in this worthy project to build up the Church?

Whether it be $0.05 or $500 or $5,000 (which would more than take care of things), please donate something.

The Catholic Christian missions that will get these educational, medical, nutritional, catechetical, sacramental, and theological materials are:
  • the Catholic parish in Toba Tek Singh, Pakistan (Immaculate Conception)
  • Sr. Shamim, a woman religious who works with that parish's nearby brick kiln (read: slave) children
  • the Diocese of Faisalabad, which is in the midst of a three-year effort to get all of its Catholic more familiar with Scripture and better equipped to spread the gospel (if you've ever read how tough it is to be a Christian of any sort in that nation, you know they have their work cut out for them)
  • the Diocese of the Solomon Islands' Marriage and Family apostolate
  • a couple of Indian seminaries
  • and St. Michael's, the main seminary in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Whether you have a $1 million or a widow's mite, any donations will help build up the Church in these places. I'm not looking for someone to do it all for me, but I can't do it all on my own. Just click on the "Donate" button at the top of the page.

You have until July 26, because I have to send whatever I can the next day.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting, be charitable, be kind, be loving. Say nothing you would not say to Jesus himself.