Postage for Pakistan and other parts of the planet

Thursday, April 21, 2011

From today's Divine Office (aka, Liturgy of the Hours)

This passage from Psalm 81 (80) is reminiscent of Romans 1. Will we listen?

For I am the Lord, your God,
  who led you out of the land of Egypt.
  Open wide your mouth and I shall fill it.
But my people did not hear my voice:
  Israel did not turn to me.
So I let them go on in the hardness of their hearts,
  and follow their own counsels.
If my people had heard me,
  if only they had walked in my ways –
I would swiftly have crushed their enemies,
  stretched my hand over those who persecuted them.
The enemies of the Lord would be overcome with weakness,
  Israel’s would be the good fortune, for ever:
  I would feed them full of richest wheat
and give them honey from the rock,
  to their heart’s content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting, be charitable, be kind, be loving. Say nothing you would not say to Jesus himself.